How can I add a language to the spellchecker?
The spellchecker in SimpleMind for Windows uses US-English. You can install dictionaries in some other languages.
How to install:
- Download a dictionary from the Addictive Software site. This is a .zip file.
- Open the directory where you installed SimpleMind. Typically this is "C:\Program Files (x86)\ModelMakerTools\SimpleMind\1.x". If you have trouble, search for the file SimpleMindPro.exe. This is located in that same directory.
- Open the .zip file and extract the .adm file to the SimpleMind directory.
- Open SimpleMind.
- Make sure you have at least 1 misspelled word in the mind map.
- Select from the main menu "Mind Map" → "Check spelling". Click the "Options" button.
- Select "Locate dictionaries.."and select the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\ModelMakerTools\SimpleMind\1.x.and click "OK"
- You now see your downloaded language below "English". Check this and uncheck English.
- Click OK and restart SimpleMind.