How to connect SimpleMind for Android to Dropbox and Google Drive
Step 1: Connect SimpleMind for Android to the cloud.
- Install the Dropbox app or Google Drive app for Android (optional).
- For Google Drive make sure you have the latest version of Google Play Services installed.
- Open SimpleMind and tap the menu to open the Mind Map Explorer.
- Tap the navigation tab.
- Tap “Setup Clouds”.
- Click “Connect”. This prompts you for confirmation to let SimpleMind access your cloud folder.
- Click “Allow”.
- This adds the cloud in the Mind Map explorer.
Step 2: Copy existing local mind maps to the cloud.Local mind maps are not synchronized with the cloud. If you want to store and sync an (existing) local mind map on a cloud, you need to copy the local mind maps to that cloud. This is a one-time copy.
- Tap the menu to open the Mind Map explorer.
- Select Local from the navigations tab.
- Tap the action bar for the mind map you want to copy.
- Tap the cloud icon.
- Select the cloud and the folder where to copy the mind map to. Tap “Done”. You will briefly see the notification “Mind Map copied to Cloud”.
- After copying the mind maps successfully, you can delete the local mind maps. They are now mere copies. To do so, tap the action bar and tap the delete icon.
Step 3: Work directly from the cloudYou can now create new mind maps that are synced directly with the cloud. All your changes are synced at regular intervals and at shutdown. To manually force synchronization, use the “Synchronize with cloud” command via the (overflow) menu in the mind map explorer.
- Open mind maps from within SimpleMind only. Opening a mind map from outside SimpleMind, for example via the Dropbox app, will import the mind map as a new local mind map.
- Collaboration Real time collaboration is not (yet) possible. Only one person a time should edit a mind map. If two persons edit the mind map at the same time a duplicate copy will be created to prevent any losses.