Connect SimpleMind for Mac to Dropbox
Step 1: Connect SimpleMind for Mac to Dropbox.
- In the mind map explorer click the cloud setup tab and click “Connect”. If you don't see the mind map explorer, click "Mind Maps".
- Allow SimpleMind access to Dropbox.
- This adds the Dropbox tab in the Mind Map Explorer.
- Click this Dropbox tab the folders and files in Dropbox.
Step 2: Copy existing local mind maps to Dropbox.Local mind maps are not synchronized with Dropbox. If you want to store and sync an (existing) local mind map on Dropbox, you need to copy the local mind maps to the Dropbox tab. This is a one-time copy.
- To copy, select the mind maps - right click – “Copy to Cloud” – “Copy to Dropbox”.
- You can now delete the copied local mind maps, they are now mere copies.
Step 3: Work directly in the Dropbox tab.You can now create new mind maps that are synced directly with the cloud. All your changes are synced at regular intervals and at shutdown. To manually force synchronization, use the “Synchronize with Dropbox” command.
- Open mind maps from within SimpleMind only. Opening a mind map from outside SimpleMind, for example via the Dropbox app or Finder, will import the mind map as a new local mind map.
- Real time collaboration is not (yet) possible. Only one person a time should edit a mind map. If two persons edit the mind map at the same time a conflict copy will be created to prevent any losses.