Connect SimpleMind for iPad & iPhone to Google Drive
Step 1: Connect SimpleMind for iPad & iPhone to Google Drive.
- Open SimpleMind and tap “Mind Maps” to open the Mind Map Explorer. On iPhone tap "Local".
- Tap the < icon.
- Tap “Add Cloud”.
- Tap Google Drive.
- Sign into Google Drive and allow SimpleMind access.
- This adds the Google Drive tab in the Mind Map Explorer.
Step 2: Copy existing local mind maps to Google Drive.Local mind maps are not synchronized with Google Drive. If you want to store and sync the existing local mind maps on Google Drive, you need to copy the local mind maps to Google Drive. This is a one-time copy.
- Tap “Mind Maps” to open the Mind Map Explorer.On iPhone tap "Local".
- Tap the < icon
- Select “Local” from the navigations tab.
- Tap “Edit”.
- Select the mind maps and tap “Copy to Cloud” at the bottom of the screen.
- Select Google Drive and the folder where you want to copy the mind map to. Tap “Copy”. You will briefly see the notification that the mind maps are copied.
- After copying the mind maps successfully, you can delete the local mind maps. They are now mere copies. To do so, go to the local tab, select the mind map and left swipe.
Step 3: Work directly on Google Drive.You can now create new mind maps that are stored on Google Drive. All your changes will be synced at regular intervals and at shutdown. To manually sync, open any mind map in the Google Drive tab. Tap the "share" icon in the toolbar and tap "synchronize with Google Drive".
- Open mind maps from within SimpleMind only. Opening a mind map from outside SimpleMind, for example via the Google Drive app, will import the mind map as a new local mind map.
- Real time collaboration is not (yet) possible. Only one person a time should edit a mind map. If two persons edit the mind map at the same time a conflict copy will be created to prevent any losses.