How to import
SimpleMind Pro can import .txt files, opml, mm, .smmx and on Mac, Windows and iPad &iPhone the bookmarks of a .pdf.
Mac and WindowsSelect from the main menu “Mind Map” – “Import”. Select the file type and locate the file. This creates a .smmx mind map in the same folder that is open in the Mind Map Explorer. Note! When working in Files import is not possible. Because of Apple's security measures, the AppStore edition can only import the bookmarks of a .pdf file from built-in clouds.
iPad & iPhone
- Via the built-in cloud: Tap “Mind Maps” (on iPhone "Cloud") and locate the file on a built-in cloud. Tap and select "Convert and Open". The file converts to the native .smmx format and synchronizes with the cloud.
- Mail or other apps: Long press to select "Open in SimpleMind". This stores the file as a new local .smmx mind map.
- To import the bookmarks of a .pdf, the .pdf has to be stored on a built-in cloud, it needs to have an official Table of Contents in the .pdf and requires iOS 11 or higher.
- Import is not possible when working in the Files tab. .Smmx mind maps can be opened directly from the Files app.
- Mail or other apps: Click the file, you will now see the importer. Use the “Import” button to complete the import. The imported file is converted to the native .smmx format and is stored as a local mind map.
- Via the built-in cloud: Tap the menu, open the cloud tab and locate the file. Use “Import” from the action bar. The file converts to the native .smmx format and synchronizes with the cloud.
- Public directory: Open SimpleMind and tap the menu. Select the Local tab. From the menu or toolbar, select “Import file”. Locate the directory you saved the file to, and select this file to import it. The importer will preview the imported mind map. Use the “Import” button to complete the import. The imported file is converted to the native .smmx format and is stored as a local mind map.