Step 1: Connect SimpleMind Pro for Mac to your Nextcloud server.
- In the mind map explorer click the cloud setup tab and click “Connect”. If you don’t see the mind map explorer, click “Mind Maps”.
- Enter the server, username, and password and click connect.
- This adds the Nextcloud tab in the Mind Map Explorer.
- Click this Nextcloud tab to see the folders and files in Nextcloud.
Step 2: Copy existing local mind maps to Nextcloud.
Local mind maps are not synchronized with Nextcloud. To store and sync an (existing) local mind map on Nextcloud, copy the local mind maps to the Nextcloud tab. This is a one-time copy.
- To copy, select the mind maps – right click – “Copy to Cloud” – “Copy to Nextcloud”.
- You can now delete the local mind maps (right click – Delete), they are now mere copies.
Step 3: Work directly in the Nextcloud tab.
You can now create new mind maps that are synced directly with Nextcloud. All your changes are synced at regular intervals and at shutdown. To manually force synchronization, use the “Synchronize with Nextcloud” command.