Step 1: Authorize SimpleMind Pro to access your files.
- You cannot use your own password to connect SimpleMind to 坚果云 – NutStore, instead use an application password. This application password can only be created on the website of 坚果云 – NutStore.
- Sign into your 坚果云 – Nutstore account.
- In the top right corner click on your name – “Settings”.
- Select Security
- Scroll down and click “Add App auth”
- Enter “SimpleMind” and click “Add”
- An application password is created. Copy this using Command+C. To access the application password later, click “Display” in Applications Management in settings.
- Open SimpleMind. In the mind map explorer click the cloud setup tab and click “Connect”. If you don’t see the mind map explorer, click “Mind Maps”.
- Enter your e-mail and paste the application password you just created. Click “Connect”.
- This adds the Nutstore tab in the Mind Map Explorer.
- Click this Nutstore tab to see the folders and files in Nutstore.
Step 2: Connect SimpleMind for Mac to Nutstore.
Step 3: Copy existing local mind maps to Nutstore.
Local mind maps are not synchronized with Nutstore. If you want to store and sync an (existing) local mind map on Nutstore, you need to copy the local mind maps to the Nutstore tab. This is a one-time copy.
- To copy, select the mind maps – right click – “Copy to Cloud” – “Copy to Nutstore”.
- You can now delete the copied local mind maps, they are now mere copies.
Step 4: Work directly in the Nutstore tab.
You can now create new mind maps that are synced directly with the cloud. All your changes are synced at regular intervals and at shutdown. To manually force synchronization, use the “Synchronize with Nutstore” command.