SimpleMind for Windows can store mind maps anywhere on your computer.
Because you can store in any folder, you can store in a folder that is synchronized by a cloud service. For example the Dropbox app or the Google Drive app. SimpleMind relies on that cloud service to synchronize your mind maps.
Open mind maps;
- via the File Explorer or the cloud app.
Mind maps opened that way are shown in the Files tab in SimpleMind.
- via the cloud tab in SimpleMind.
Connect SimpleMind to the cloud, this creates a cloud tab in SimpleMind. That way you can browse the cloud folder and open those mind maps from within SimpleMind.
Step 1: Connect SimpleMind for Windows to a cloud/external directory.
- Install the cloud app of your choice, for example, Dropbox.
- Click the add cloud icon, next click “Add Cloud”.
- Select “Kind”, for example, Dropbox.
- Enter a title.
- Click “Browse” and select the root of the cloud, for example, C:\Users\name\Dropbox
Please note: Do not select a folder in Dropbox, for example C:\Users\name\Dropbox\folder. This will cause problems when syncing with other computers/devices that have SimpleMind installed.
- Press OK. This adds a new cloud tab in the Mind Map Explorer.
- Click this cloud tab to see all folders and relevant files in the cloud.
Step 2: Copy existing local mind maps to the cloud.
Local mind maps are not synchronized with the cloud. If you want to store and sync an (existing) local mind map on a cloud, you need to copy the local mind maps to that cloud. This is a one-time copy.
- To copy, right-click – “Copy/Move”.
- Select the folder you want to copy to and click “Copy”.
- You can now delete the copied local mind maps, they are now mere copies.
Step 3: Work directly from the cloud
Mind maps open and save directly in the external folder (cloud). The cloud application synchronizes the changes in your mind map.