What permissions does the Android edition require?
SimpleMind Pro for Android requires these permissions:
- Access to microphone: required to add voice memos to topics. Recorded voice memos are uploaded to your cloud of choice. Never to our servers. We do not access the microphone for anything else.
- Access to Accounts (and identity): required to be able to authorize with Google Drive. This is actually a Google requirement. Connecting to Google Drive is the only place where SimpleMind accesses Accounts. If you don’t connect SimpleMind to Google Drive, SimpleMind won’t need access to Contacts.
- Access to Contacts: required to be able to add or open a link to a contact. If you don't link to contacts SimpleMind won’t need access to Contacts.
- Access to External Storage and Documents: required to be able to exchange data with other apps and to be able to store mind maps in the “External Directory”.
- Access to Internet and Network state: required to be able to synchronize with the built-in clouds.
- Install Shortcuts: required to be able to add a shortcut to a mind map on the start screen at user request.
- Access to Calendar: to be able to add an event to the calendar and read back to the event's date.