Step 1: Connect SimpleMind Pro for Android to the cloud.
- Open SimpleMind and tap the menu to open the Mind Map Explorer.
- Tap the navigation tab.
- Tap “Setup Clouds”.
- Click “Connect”. This prompts you for confirmation to let SimpleMind access your cloud folder.
- Click “Allow”.
- This adds the cloud in the Mind Map explorer.
Step 2: Copy existing local mind maps to the cloud.
Local mind maps are not synchronized with the cloud. To store and sync an (existing) local mind map on a cloud, copy the local mind maps to that cloud. This is a one-time copy.
- Tap the menu to open the Mind Map explorer.
- Select Local from the navigations tab.
- Long press to select all the mind maps you want to copy. Next tap the cloud icon.
- Select the cloud and the folder where to copy the mind map to. Tap “Done”.
- After copying the mind maps successfully, delete the local mind maps. They are now mere copies. To do so, long press to select the local mind maps and tap the delete icon.
Note: You can also copy a mind map from one cloud to another cloud this way.
Step 3: Work directly from the cloud
You can now create new mind maps that are synced directly with the cloud. All your changes are synced at regular intervals and at shutdown. To manually force synchronization, use the “Synchronize with cloud” command via the (overflow) menu in the mind map explorer.
- Open mind maps from within SimpleMind only.
Opening a mind map from outside SimpleMind, for example via the Dropbox app, will import the mind map as a new local mind map.
Real-time collaboration is not (yet) possible. Only one person a time should edit a mind map. If two persons edit the mind map at the same time a duplicate copy will be created to prevent any losses.
- Using Google Drive? Go to the root to see the folder “Shared with me”