Step 1: Connect SimpleMind for iPad & iPhone to one to the built-in clouds
- Open SimpleMind and tap “Mind Maps” to open the Mind Map Explorer. On iPhone tap “Local”.
- Tap the < icon.
- Tap “Add Cloud”.
- Tap one of the clouds
- You will see a window to sign in to the cloud.
- This adds the Cloud tab in the Mind Map Explorer.
Step 2: Copy existing local mind maps to that cloud.
Local mind maps are not synchronized with the cloud. To store and sync the existing local mind maps on your selected cloud, copy the local mind maps to your cloud. This is a one-time copy.
- Tap “Mind Maps” to open the Mind Map Explorer.On iPhone tap “Local”.
- Tap the < icon
- Select “Local” from the navigations tab.
- Tap “Edit”.
- Select the mind maps and tap “Copy to Cloud” at the bottom of the screen.
- Select your cloud and the folder where you want to copy the mind map to. Tap “Copy”. You will briefly see the notification that the mind maps are copied.
- After copying the mind maps successfully, you can delete the local mind maps. They are now mere copies. To do so, go to the local tab, select the mind map and left swipe.
Step 3: Work directly on your cloud.
You can now create new mind maps that are stored on your cloud. All your changes will be synced at regular intervals and at shutdown.
To manually sync, open any mind map in the cloud tab. Tap the “share” icon in the toolbar and tap “synchronize with cloud”.