We redesigned the way SimpleMind works with Mind Map files, making it easier for you to find, open and save your files. Read more…
Crucial information for existing users
The built-in explorers, where you see your mind maps, have been removed.
- The first time you start SimpleMind 2.0, you will be asked where you want to store your current local mind maps. This can be any directory, including a cloud directory. All your local mind maps will be moved to that location.
- Open mind maps via the main menu – “File” – “Open Mind Map…” or use File Explorer.
- Each (new) mind map is opened in a new window.
- Use Alt+Tab to see all windows, or hoover over the SimpleMind icon in the taskbar.
- To see your recently opened mind maps use the main menu – “File” – “Recent Files”.
- Use “File” – “Share” – “Add to Favorites” to add the mind map to favorites.
- Use “File” – “Favorites” to see a list (with thumbnails) of the mind maps you have added to Favorites.
- Use “File” – “Search in Directories” to search for Mind Maps. The first time you use this, add the directories you want SimpleMind to search in.
- The history button in the toolbar has been removed.
- Topic Properties has been removed from the topic toolbar.
- The note tool opens the Note inspector on the right size of your screen.