Version 1.25 – Released 2 Dec 2019
- Easily style topics, lines and more, with the new Style tab in the inspector. Open with Command+5. Read more…
- As a result the old style toolbar is hidden by default. It can be made visible via the main View menu.
- Tap once in blank space to display the mind map style when the style inspector is open. Read more…
- The Files tab supports Import en Import pdf bookmarks.
- Clear history in the Files tab via the right click context menu.
- To switch focus, for example from Notes tot Editor, use the Main menu View | Focus Editor or the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Cmd+0.
- Mac OS 10.12 or prior: The Style Sheets are moved to the Stylesheet tab in the inspector. Open with Command+4.
- Map searchbar: Restore State – restores collapsed and hidden topics when search bar closes.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Version 1.24 – Released 2 Sept 2019
- Version 1.24.2 b1864 released 18 October 2019:
- Fixes crash problems related to entering text and spellchecker.
- Fixes .pdf files not selectable for import
- Slideshow support. Define slides by selecting topics and play slideshow inside SimpleMind or export as zipped set of .png images. Read more…
- Auto focus extended with Lock Auto Focus on Selected Branch. The branch remains focused until Auto focus style is changed (disabled etc).
- Improved toolbar images
- Improved inplace topic editor
Version 1.23 – Released 15 April 2019
- Version 1.23.2 released 9 May:
- Bug fix for Email Mind Map on MacOS 10.14
- Bug fix for opening .smmx file from Finder in AppStore edition
- Version 1.23.1 released 19 April: bug fixes related to Mac OS 10.10 – 10.12
- Save mind map files in any directory – including iCloud Drive.
- Open mind maps via “Mind Map | Open”.
- Open mind map files via Finder.
- Mind maps opened via Finder or “Open” are shown in the Files tab.
- AppStore edition: Mind Maps in Files tab do not support linking to documents or mind maps.
- SimpleApps edition: Mind Maps in Files tab behave like in a cloud and have full linking capabilities.
- Wysiwyg (What you see is what you get ) rich text support in notes, topics and labels:
Bold, Italic, Underline, Strike-through, Superscript and Subscript.
- User Interface Modernized
- New style sheet “Natural+Colors on Black”.
- Auto Focus can include cross linked topics.
- Group borders
- Topics support dashed line styles (via style toolbar – Line width)
- Copy Branch as Outline and Copy Branch as Image
- New command Checkboxes | Reset state – checkboxes are unchecked, progress bars are set to 0.
- Drag-drop reconnect topics in auto layout mode no longer fully expands dragged topics
- Full size image is displayed with Preview app
- Bug fixed in access to Contacts and Photos Library
- Bug fixed: Notes included in full text search
Version 1.22.0 – Released 4 Dec 2018
- Improved display in Image Preview.
- Adjustable font size in note panel (context menu)
- Removed options for shadow support in mind maps
- Keyboard shortcuts for subscript Ctrl+= and superscript Shift+Ctrl+=
- Bug fixed in Export Outline scope radio buttons
- Bug fix for Nextcloud servers that have path at the end of the server url
Version 1.21 – Released 22 Aug 2018
- Version 1.21.1: released 14 September 2018. Fix for Google Drive sign in problem.
- Open multiple Mind Maps with “View | Open in New Window”. Shortcut Cmd+O.
- Crosslinks can be used to make a summary or merge paths (A in image below).
- Manually toggle the crosslink style via “Toggle cross link style” in the relation toolbar . You can use this to style as a “normal” crosslink or to style as a hierarchical relation and merge paths or make a summary.
- Nextcloud support added.
You can now use your own Nextcloud based cloud server to synchronize mind maps across devices.
- 坚果云 – Nutstore cloud support added.
坚果云 Nutstore is a free Chinese cloud service and can now be used to synchronize mind maps across Mac, iPad/iPhone and Windows devices. This is great news for our Chinese customers that could not use Dropbox or Google Drive. Also available for non-Chinese customers.
- Maximum image thumbnail size increased to 480 pixels.
- Press Alt-key to force scrolling rather than moving elements. This can be used when an image leaves no empty space to scroll.
- Allows Drag-Drop on collapsed topics.
- Hide Inspector Cmd+0 replaces Toggle Inspector Cmd+Shift+I.
- Animated scrolling (outliner, search, spell check etc).
- Working around Dropbox time outs when synchronizing.
Version 1.20 – Released 13 Feb 2018
- Version 1.20.2 – released 14 March 2018: Local mind maps support multiple selection for delete, move to folder and copy to cloud; bugs fixed
- Translated into 11 languages: Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese. The language is set by Mac System Preferences | Language and Region
- Breadcrumb bar in Cloud Explorers (Dropbox etc.) for quick navigation between folders
- Inplace text editor changes:
Press “Escape” to cancel editing, for a new topic also cancels topic creation
Press “Enter” to accept any text, including empty text for a new topic (no longer cancels topic creation when text left empty)
- Order Up (Command+PageUp) reconnects the selected topic to its parent parent (grand-parent).
- Default Layout Direction for new mind maps can be set in Preferences | General
- Bugs fixed