Version 1.23.0 – Coming soon
- Save mind map files in any directory – including iCloud Drive.
- Open mind maps via “Mind Map | Open”
- Open mind map files via Finder.
- Mind maps opened via Finder or “Open” are shown in the Files tab.
- SimpleApps edition: Mind Maps on Files tab behave like in a cloud and have full linking capabilities.
- AppStore edition: Mind Maps on Files tab do not support linking documents or mind maps
- Wysiwyg rich text support when editing Note, Topics and Labels:
Bold, Italic, Underline, Strike-through, Superscript and Subscript.
- UI Modernized
- Dark mode support on MacOS 10.14. Preferences | General allow enabling dark mode even when Mac OS is light.
- Style Sheet selector in inspector (MacOS 10.13+)
- “Natural+Colors on Black” stylesheet added
- Branch border for top-down and list layouts displayed as bounding box
- Branch border supported for central themes
- New command Checkboxes | Reset state – checkboxes are unchecked, progress bars are set to 0.
- Drag-drop reconnect topics in auto layout mode no longer fully expands dragged topics
- Cloud explorers support sorting on name or date via context menu
- Full size image is displayed with Preview app
- Bugs fixed in Nextcloud and Nutstore support: directory names containing a dot caused subtle problems.
- Bug fixed in Custom relation path bounding box.
Version 1.22.0 – Released 4 Dec 2018
- Improved display in Image Preview.
- Adjustable font size in note panel (context menu)
- Removed options for shadow support in mind maps
- Keyboard shortcuts for subscript Ctrl+= and superscript Shift+Ctrl+=
- Bug fixed in Export Outline scope radio buttons
- Bug fix for Nextcloud servers that have path at the end of the server url
Version 1.21 – Released 22 Aug 2018
- Version 1.21.1: released 14 September 2018. Fix for Google Drive sign in problem.
- Open multiple Mind Maps with “View | Open in New Window”. Shortcut Cmd+O. Read more…
- Crosslinks can be used to make a summary or merge paths (A in image below).
- Manually toggle the crosslink style via “Toggle cross link style” in the relation toolbar . You can use this to style as a “normal” crosslink or to style as a hierarchical relation and merge paths or make a summary. Read more..
- Nextcloud support added.
You can now use your own Nextcloud based cloud server to synchronize mind maps across devices. Read more…
- 坚果云 – Nutstore cloud support added.
坚果云 Nutstore is a free Chinese cloud service and can now be used to synchronize mind maps across Mac, iPad/iPhone and Windows devices. This is great news for our Chinese customers that could not use Dropbox or Google Drive. Also available for non-Chinese customers. Read more…
- Maximum image thumbnail size increased to 480 pixels.
- Press Alt-key to force scrolling rather than moving elements. This can be used when an image leaves no empty space to scroll.
- Allows Drag-Drop on collapsed topics.
- Hide Inspector Cmd+0 replaces Toggle Inspector Cmd+Shift+I.
- Animated scrolling (outliner, search, spell check etc).
- Working around Dropbox time outs when synchronizing.
Version 1.20 – Released 13 Feb 2018
- Version 1.20.2 – released 14 March 2018: Local mind maps support multiple selection for delete, move to folder and copy to cloud; bugs fixed
- Translated into 11 languages: Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese. The language is set by Mac System Preferences | Language and Region
- Breadcrumb bar in Cloud Explorers (Dropbox etc.) for quick navigation between folders
- Inplace text editor changes:
Press “Escape” to cancel editing, for a new topic also cancels topic creation
Press “Enter” to accept any text, including empty text for a new topic (no longer cancels topic creation when text left empty)
- Order Up (Command+PageUp) reconnects the selected topic to its parent parent (grand-parent).
- Default Layout Direction for new mind maps can be set in Preferences | General
- Bug fixed: Local Mind Maps “Empty trash” could result in random errors.
- Dropbox and Google Drive: “Refresh Listing” removed, Synchronize performs both: sync + refresh list.
- Bug fixed: Dropbox and Google Drive could open wrong file in editor when mind map was opened via history
- Bug fixed: main menu edit | order back/forward on image or label could cause crash
- SimpleMind Lite: fixed bug in printing orientation
Version 1.19.0 – Released 5 Dec 2017
- Image (file) and text drop is much improved
- drop an image on a topic to add image as floating image, embedded image or icon.
- drop an image in empty space to add a floating image or a new topic with an embedded image.
- drop Text to add a child or central theme.
- Link to Contact by phone number or email address. Mac OS 10.11 minimum. Read more…
- The Top-Down auto layout has 2 new layout directions, Top-RightToLeft and Bottom-RightToLeft.
- Super script and sub script markdown support ^^super^^ ,,sub,,
- Markdown text markup commands via main menu Style | Font (Bold, Italic etc).
- Outliner shows dates and has a filter to show only topics with a date set. Click date icon to change date.
- Default Word Wrap (long press wrap tool or Ctrl+Shift+Command+E).Read more…
- Import Mind Map added to main menu.
- Finder-like sorting in Dropbox and Google Drive listings.
- Bug fixed for navigation links containing #.
- Bug fixed: forcing portrait orientation in outline generation.
Version 1.18.0 – Released 8 August 2017
- Progress bar checkboxes (0% – 100%) and roll-up progress checkboxes (progress automatically calculated by averaging progress from children).
- Set a date for a topic.
- Mind Map Editor search bar (in advanced mode) allows searching for topics with a date before or after a certain date
- Insert Sibling Topic: similar to add sibling, but orders new sibling before current topic in parent. In auto layout mode the position on the mind map page is set accordingly. Ctrl+Cmd+Enter
- You’ll get a warning when delete/cut results in an empty mind map.
- Essential Dropbox API version update
- Keyboard shortcuts changed: Alt+Cmd+T = toggle style toolbar, Ctrl+Cmd+T = add central theme
- Bug fixed: a link in the note field made it impossible to edit topic text
Version 1.17.0 – Released 17 July 2017
- Print a mind map across multiple pages:
- Print or Export Selected branches only.
- Print or export the outline. Click image to see the .pdf.
- The font used in Print / Export Outline is adjustable in Preferences | Fonts.
- Checkboxes in Outline.
- Live Checklist, TODO list and DONE list added in Outline.
- Optionally disable markdown based rich text in Preferences | General.
Version 1.16.0 – Released 18 April 2017
- Version 1.16 requires Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite or newer.
- Labels can have Call-out styles.
- Tapered line styles added.
- Standard style sheet Natural + Colors uses Auto Tapered line style.
- Make topics and labels underline or
strikethrough(via font style).
- Rich Text in topics and labels using markdown similar syntax: *bold* _italic_ and ~underline~ . Read more…
- New Flat Stock Icons, existing icons available on “Classic” tab
- Rectangular lasso selection: Command+Drag selects, Shift+Command+Drag extends selection. Read more…
- Auto scroll support for node well, moving elements and lasso selection
- Word Wrap tool maintains paragraphs and lists (markdown syntax).
- Option “Apply Word Wrap” controls default word wrap when adding topics and labels.
- Dropbox v2 API supported
- Displaying “up” folder navigation item in Dropbox and Google Drive
- Added png and tiff image export quality (Normal, Medium, High, Extra High)
- Touch bar support
- Dropbox v2 API support – requires OS X 10.10 minimum
- Google Drive new sign-in method supported
- Bugs fixed
Version 1.15.2 – Released 16 December 2016
- High denstity monitor support
- Copy to Cloud across all clouds: Local, Dropbox and Google Drive
- Bugs fixed
Version 1.15.0 – Released 29 November 2016
- Use Google Drive to synchronize with other devices
- Diamond and Cloud border shapes
- Rounded corners in angled paths
- Toggle Checked State, assures checkbox visible then toggles checked state. Keyboard shortcut Command+Space
- Order Forward and Order Backward also works for Topics. Default keyboard shortcuts Command+Up and Command+Down
- (Backward) Delete deletes the selected element, and no longer navigates to the parent element.
- Redesigned Preferences panel
- Restore Default fonts added in Preferences
- Font panel integration removed (fonts can only be adjusted via Preferences)
- Restoring Mind Map Explorer collapsed state
- Performance improvement for large mind maps
- Bugs fixed
Version 1.14.0 – Released 18 July 2016
- Outliner – in the Inspector panel (on the right), displayed in the image below. Outliner synchronizes with the selection in the editor. Also useful when Searching in the Mind Map. Use drag & drop in the outline to reorder topics.
- Keyboard shortcuts for Show Outline ?1, Show Note ?2 allow fast switching between topics in outline and note.
- Angled relation paths and Adjustable relation paths. Read more…
- New build-in style sheet: Chart (angled paths + arrows)
- Check spelling for entire Mind Map, shortcut ?;
- Live spelling and automatic spelling correction support for Mind Map editor
- Paste Text as List and Import plain text .txt files. Each new line creates a new topic, leading tabs are interpreted as hierarchy level.
- “Enable Snap Options” check added to Snap Options. Snap to guide lines and snap to grid are only active when this option is checked. Pressing ? (Command) while dragging a topic, temporarily inverts this option. This allows easy enabling/disabling the snap feature in specific cases.
- Relation style presets, create and apply adjusted relation styles
- Export as Encapsulated PostScript (eps) (Export, Mail, Export to Dropbox)
- Removed “reorder topics” panel, reordering sibling order is now more conveniently done with the outliner.
- Bugs fixed
Version 1.13.0 – released 2 May 2016
- Layout Direction options (Auto, Left, Right, Top, Bottom, Manual) for auto layout modes.
- Snap to guide lines and/or grid, available from main menu SimpleMind | Snap Options.
- Auto focus, see image below. Read more…
- (Tinted) Collapsed and Hidden topic markers are clickable tools, also when the topic is not selected (see image below).
- Option “Display Hide tool for topics” (in SimpleMind Preferences) shows hide tool for topic and moves collapse tool and collapse markers to opposite side (see image above).
- Long press Hide/show tool shows hide/show options (hide children , full hide etc.)
- Bugs fixed.
Version 1.12.1 – released 7 March 2016
- Embedded images in topics
- Tinted checkboxes: topic check boxes appear in the topic’s stroke color (see image below). Change via Mind Map Style | Custom check box color. Defining (near) white as custom checkbox color results in plain black and white checkboxes.
- New style added: “Natural + Colors”, colorful paths without topic boxes (see image above)
- Export to Dropbox, in Mind Map menu, for mind maps on Dropbox
- Advanced search options in Mind Map editor: search for checkbox state (unchecked, checked) or icon
- Pdf bookmark extraction: Import pdf, Convert .pdf to mind map, link to bookmark in pdf document, support for linking to “page=number” in pdf links. Note: App Store edition only allows importing .pdfs on Dropbox. Links to local files are not supported.
- Add Icon from File, add a custom icon without adding it to the custom icons library
- Double click in empty space adds a Central Theme when nothing is selected
- Style sheet selector shows preview images.
- Improved lines in auto Top Down layout
- Performance improvement for dashed lines in low zoom factors
- Auto Layout added. Read more…
- Use drag&drop to rearrange Topic order in auto layout modes.
- Default Layout Mode for new Mind Maps in Global Style Options.
- Keyboard navigation with arrow keys improved.
- Alt+Drag-Drop image adds the image as icon, Command+Drop adds it as Image – like before.
- Add as Image in Icon Picker: when pressed an icon will be added as floating image rather than as Icon.
- Select All Topics, Relations, Images etc. added to main menu.
- Warning to prevent loosing local changes when disconnecting from Dropbox.
- OSX 10.11 support added.
- Bugs fixed
- Multiple Selection support. Read more…
- Rotate and Flip commands added – main menu | Edit
- Long Press on rotate tool invokes Rotate and Flip commands