Version 1.25 – Released 2 Dec 2019
- Easily style topics, lines and more, with the new Style tab in the inspector. Open with Ctrl+5. Read more…
- As a result the old style toolbar is hidden by default.
- Tap once in blank space to display the mind map style when the style inspector is open. Read more…
- Hide or show the standard toolbar via the main menu View | Toggle Toolbar.
- Map searchbar: Restore State – restores collapsed and hidden topics when search bar closes.
- The standard toolbar and style toolbar can again be placed on a single dock row.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Version 1.24 – Released 2 Sept 2019
- Version 1.24.1 – released 5 Sept 2019. Fixes bugs reported on v1.24.0
- Slideshow support. Define slides by selecting topics and play slideshow inside SimpleMind or export as zipped set of .png images. Read more…
- Auto focus extended with Lock Auto Focus on Selected Branch. The branch remains focused until Auto focus style is changed (disabled etc).
- Improved toolbar images
Version 1.23.0 – Released 15 April 2019
- Version 1.23.1 – released 30 April 2019. Fixes bugs and introduces dark mode user interface support.
- Save and open mind maps anywhere on your computer.
- Save mind map files in any directory.
- Open mind map via Windows Explorer
- Open mind maps via “Mind Map | Open”.
- Mind maps opened via Windows Explorer or “Open” are shown in the Files tab.
- Mind Maps on Files tab behave like in a cloud, links are stored relative to mind map file.
- Notes have Wysiwyg (What you see is what you get) rich text support:
Bold, Italic, Underline, Strike-through, Superscript and Subscript.
- Windows edition: Wysiwyg rich text is not displayed in topics and labels.
- UI Modernized.
- “Natural+Colors on Black” stylesheet added
- Auto Focus can include cross linked topics.
- Group borders
- Topics support dashed line styles (via style toolbar – Line width)
- Checkboxes: Reset state – checkboxes are unchecked, progress bars are set to 0.
- Drag drop rearrange topics in auto layout mode no longer fully expands dragged topics
- Extract Images from Mind Maps: reduces mind map file size, via menu Topic | Image.
- Hide/Show mind map editor status bar
- External directories allow sorting on name or sort on date (like previously) via context menu.
- New mind map for Cloud asks for file name rather than using “New Mind Map”.
- Option ” Apply default Word Wrap” also controls importing text, .mm, .opml and .pdf
- Bug fixed: related to directories containing &
Version 1.22.0 – Released 4 Dec 2018
- Improved display in internal Image Preview.
- Optionally use system default application for previewing images: Preferences | Images
- Removed options for shadow support in mind maps
- Bug fixed: export as web site would not insert back links between linked mind maps.
Version 1.21 – Released 22 Aug 2018
- Open multiple Mind Maps with “View | Open in New Window”. Default shortcut Control+O.
- Crosslinks can be used to make a summary or merge paths (A in image below).
- Manually toggle the crosslink style via “Toggle cross link style” in the relation toolbar . You can use this to style as a “normal” crosslink or to style as a hierarchical relation and merge paths or make a summary.
- Export as Website: creates a zip archive with html pages containing clickable elements for notes, full size images and links. Includes linked mind maps. Click to see an example.
- Maximum image thumbnail size increased to 480 pixels.
- Press Alt-key to force scrolling rather than moving elements. This can be used when an image leaves no empty space to scroll.
- Allows Drag-Drop on collapsed topics.
- Hide Inspector Ctrl+0 replaces Toggle Inspector F9
- Default style fonts for Chinese + Korean changed. Fixes pdf export problems.
- Bug fixed: scrolling collapsed / hidden elements visible in auto layout could result in wrong scroll position
Version 1.20 – Released 13 Feb 2018
- Version 1.20.2 – released 14 March 2018: (H)DPI aware, bug fixes.
- Translated into 11 languages: Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese. Change language in Preferences | General | User Interface Language.
- Breadcrumb bar in External Directory Explorers (Dropbox etc) for quick navigation between folders.
- Inplace text editor changes:
Press “Escape” to cancel editing, for a new topic also cancels topic creation
Press “Enter” to accept any text, including empty text for a new topic (no longer cancels topic creation when text left empty)
- Order Up (Ctrl+PageUp) reconnects the selected topic to its parent parent (grand-parent).
- Default Layout Direction for new mind maps can be set in Preferences | General
- Bug fixed: Local Mind Maps “Empty trash” could result in random errors.