Version 1.23.0 – Released 15 April 2019
- Save and open mind maps anywhere on your computer.
- Save mind map files in any directory.
- Open mind map via Windows Explorer
- Open mind maps via “Mind Map | Open”.
- Mind maps opened via Windows Explorer or “Open” are shown in the Files tab.
- Mind Maps on Files tab behave like in a cloud, links are stored relative to mind map file.
- Notes have Wysiwyg (What you see is what you get) rich text support:
Bold, Italic, Underline, Strike-through, Superscript and Subscript.
- Windows edition: Wysiwyg rich text is not displayed in topics and labels.
- UI Modernized.
- The size of the icons in the toolbars are adjustable via Preferences | General | Use Large Images. (not on high density screens)
- Style sheet selector in inspector. The size of the preview thumbnail is adjustable.
- “Natural+Colors on Black” stylesheet added
- Auto Focus can include cross linked topics.
- Group borders
- Display a group border around any group of topics. Read more…
- Improved appearance of branch borders
- Branch borders can be added to central themes.
- Topics support dashed line styles (via style toolbar – Line width)
- Checkboxes: Reset state – checkboxes are unchecked, progress bars are set to 0.
- Drag drop rearrange topics in auto layout mode no longer fully expands dragged topics
- Extract Images from Mind Maps: reduces mind map file size, via menu Topic | Image.
- Hide/Show mind map editor status bar
- External directories allow sorting on name or sort on date (like previously) via context menu.
- New mind map for Cloud asks for file name rather than using “New Mind Map”.
- Option ” Apply default Word Wrap” also controls importing text, .mm, .opml and .pdf
- Bug fixed: related to directories containing &
Version 1.22.0 – Released 4 Dec 2018
- Improved display in internal Image Preview.
- Optionally use system default application for previewing images: Preferences | Images
- Removed options for shadow support in mind maps
- Bug fixed: export as web site would not insert back links between linked mind maps.
Version 1.21 – Released 22 Aug 2018
- Open multiple Mind Maps with “View | Open in New Window”. Default shortcut Control+O. Read more…
- Crosslinks can be used to make a summary or merge paths (A in image below).
- Manually toggle the crosslink style via “Toggle cross link style” in the relation toolbar . You can use this to style as a “normal” crosslink or to style as a hierarchical relation and merge paths or make a summary. Read more..
- Export as Website: creates a zip archive with html pages containing clickable elements for notes, full size images and links. Includes linked mind maps. Click to see an example.
- Maximum image thumbnail size increased to 480 pixels.
- Press Alt-key to force scrolling rather than moving elements. This can be used when an image leaves no empty space to scroll.
- Allows Drag-Drop on collapsed topics.
- Hide Inspector Ctrl+0 replaces Toggle Inspector F9
- Default style fonts for Chinese + Korean changed. Fixes pdf export problems.
- Bug fixed: scrolling collapsed / hidden elements visible in auto layout could result in wrong scroll position
Version 1.20 – Released 13 Feb 2018
- Version 1.20.2 – released 14 March 2018: (H)DPI aware, bug fixes.
- Translated into 11 languages: Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese. Change language in Preferences | General | User Interface Language.
- Breadcrumb bar in External Directory Explorers (Dropbox etc) for quick navigation between folders.
- Inplace text editor changes:
Press “Escape” to cancel editing, for a new topic also cancels topic creation
Press “Enter” to accept any text, including empty text for a new topic (no longer cancels topic creation when text left empty)
- Order Up (Ctrl+PageUp) reconnects the selected topic to its parent parent (grand-parent).
- Default Layout Direction for new mind maps can be set in Preferences | General
- Bug fixed: Local Mind Maps “Empty trash” could result in random errors.
Version 1.19.0 – Released 5 Dec 2017
- Drag drop images and text from other apps is much improved.
- drop images from the (Chrome) browser on the mind map editor.
- drop an image on a topic to add as a floating image, an embedded image or an icon.
- drop an image in empty space to add a floating image or a new topic with an embedded image.
- drop text from other apps to add a child or central theme.
- The Top-Down auto layout has 2 new layout directions, Top-RightToLeft and Bottom-RightToLeft.
- Outliner shows dates and has a filter to show only topics with a date set.
- Default Word Wrap, long press wrap tool or Ctrl+W. Read more…
- Import Mind Map added to main menu
- Natural file name sorting in explorers.
- Small bugs fixed
Version 1.18.0 – Released 8 August 2017
- Progress bar checkboxes (0% – 100%) and roll-up progress checkboxes (progress automatically calculated by averaging progress from children).
- Set a date for a topic.
- Mind Map Editor search bar (in advanced mode) allows searching for topics with a date before or after a certain date.
- Insert Sibling Topic: similar to add sibling, but orders new sibling before current topic in parent. In auto layout mode the position on the mind map page is set accordingly.
- You’ll get a warning when delete/cut results in an empty mind map.
- Bugs fixed.
Version 1.17.0 – Released 17 July 2017
- Print a mind map across multiple pages:
- Print or export Selected branches only.
- Print or export the outline. Click image to see the .pdf
- The font used in Print / Export Outline is adjustable in Preferences | Fonts.
- Checkboxes in Outline.
- Live Checklist, TODO list and DONE list added in Outline.
- Optionally disable markdown based text filtering in Preferences | General.
- Choose .png quality from normal to extra high.
- Open Windows Character Map from main menu Edit
- Bug fixed: in some cases text could be painted outside the topic’s box.
Version 1.16.0 – Released 18 April 2017
- Labels can have Call-out styles.
- Tapered line styles added.
- Standard style sheet Natural + Colors uses Auto Tapered line style.
- New Flat Stock Icons, existing icons available on “Classic” tab.
- Rectangular lasso select topics: Ctrl+Drag selects, Shift+Ctrl+Drag extends selection.
- Auto scroll support for node well, moving elements and lasso selection.
- Make topics and labels underline or
strikethrough(via font style).
- The Windows edition is currently not capable of displaying Rich Text as used on other platforms. The Windows edition instead displays the text by filtering out the markdown characters: “*bold*” is displayed as “bold” (** filtered out).
- Word Wrap tool maintains paragraphs and lists (markdown syntax).
- Option “Apply Word Wrap” controls default word wrap when adding topics and labels.
- Support for CMYK jpeg images.
- Bugs fixed
Version 1.15.0 – Released 29 November 2016
- Use Google Drive to synchronize with other devices
- Diamond and Cloud border shapes
- Redesigned Preferences panel
- Toggle Checked State, assures checkbox is visible then toggles checked state. Default shortcut Ctrl+Space
- Improved support for multi-touch screens:
- Pinch Zoom gesture supported
- Press-and-tap shows context menu
- Two-finger-tap starts branch selection (instead of long press on topic)
- All tool tips can be disabled via Preferences | General tab
- Rounded corners in angled paths
- Order Forward and Order Backward also works for Topics. Default keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+Up and Ctrl+Down
- Improved handling of saving with cloud sync apps that lock mind map files while uploading.
- Bugs fixed.
Version 1.14.0 – Released 18 July 2016
- Outliner – in the Inspector panel on the right, depicted in the image below. The Outliner synchronizes with the selection in the editor. Particularly useful when Searching in the Mind Map. Use drag & drop in the outline to reorder topics.
- Keyboard shortcuts for Show Outline Ctrl+1, Show Note Ctrl+2 allow fast switching between topics in outline and note.
- Angled relation paths and Adjustable relation paths. Read more…
- New build-in style sheet: Chart (angled paths + arrows)
- Relation style presets, create and apply adjusted relation styles
- Paste Text as List and Import .txt files. Each new line creates a new topic, leading tabs are interpreted as hierarchy level.
- “Enable Snap Options” check added to Snap Options. Snap to guide lines and snap to grid are only active when this option is checked. Pressing the Ctrl-key while dragging a topic, temporarily inverts this option. This allows easy enabling/disabling the snap feature in specific cases. New command “Toggle Enable Snap Options”, Ctrl+G, inverts this option without opening the Options Panel.
- Removed “reorder topics” panel, reordering sibling order is now more conveniently done with the outliner.
- (URL) Link detection in note panel
- Improved spell checking for entire Mind Map
- Max font sizes in note panel and topic properties panel increased (24)
- Improved unhide marker position, improved arrow positions for unhide markers.
- Bug fixed that made cross links appear initially as a straight line
Version 1.13.0 – released 2 May 2016
- Layout Direction options (Auto, Left, Right, Top, Bottom, Manual) for auto layout modes.
- Snap to guide lines and/or grid, available from editor status bar
- Auto focus, available from editor status bar. See image below:
- (Tinted) Collapsed and Hidden topic markers are clickable tools, also when the topic is not selected (see image below).
- Option “Display Hide tool for topics” shows hide tool for topic and moves collapse tool and collapse markers to opposite side (see image above).
- Long press Hide/show tool shows hide/show options (hide children , full hide etc.)
- Navigation History (most recently used mind maps) in drop down menu for “Back” button
- User defined custom colors in the color dialogs are saved between sessions
- Ctrl+Drop a (file) link to add a linked child topic (rather than linking the topic)
- Apply the first 8 style presets with (customizable) keyboard shortcuts: Ctrl+F1 .. Ctrl+F8
- Bugs fixed.
Version 1.12.0 – released 7 March 2016
- Embedded images in topics
- Tinted checkboxes: topic check boxes appear in the topic’s stroke color (see image below). Change via Mind Map Style | Custom check box color. Defining (near) white as custom checkbox color results in plain black and white checkboxes
- New style added: “Natural + Colors”, colorful paths without topic boxes (see image above)
- Advanced search options in Mind Map editor: search for checkbox state (unchecked, checked) or icon
- Pdf bookmark extraction: Import pdf, Convert .pdf to mind map, link to bookmark in pdf document, support for linking to “page=number” in pdf links
- Add Icon from File, add a custom icon without adding it to the custom icons library
- Style sheet selector shows preview images.
- Improved lines in auto Top Down layout
- Double click in empty space adds a Central Theme when nothing is selected
- Navigate command added, acts as if clicked on the link icon, default Ctrl+H
- Option to either scroll or zoom on Ctrl+Wheel
- Improved speech recognition
- Toggle Mind Map Explorer (F8) and restoring Explorer closed state
- Performance improvement for dashed lines in low zoom factors.
- Auto Layout added: Horizontal, Vertical, List, Top Down.
- Use drag-drop to rearrange Topic order in auto layout modes.
- Default Layout Mode for new Mind Maps in Global Style Options.
- Manual Align tools removed (conflicting with auto layout)
- Keyboard navigation with arrow keys improved.
- Select All Topics, Relations, Images etc. added to main menu.
- Rotate and Flip in Add Image dialog
- Multiple Selection support for all relevant commands.
- Align tools added
- Main window shows current mind map name in caption.
- Bugs fixed
- Display Branch Borders
- Link to specific page in a local .pdf file.
- Display and play back Voice Memos inside topics – as recorded using SimpleMind for android or SimpleMind for iPad/iPhone
- Transparent fill color support in topics and labels
- Device and platform independent rendering.
- Upload to Cloud in Add Document Link
- Double tap on Image opens the full size image – the image link tool was removed
- Editor Scale Factor, allows scaling editor rather than adjusting font sizes.
- Opml and Freemind files imported as implicit UTF-8
- Bug fixed.