Version 1.30 – Coming soon
- Use the new Full Screen Button to easily switch to full screen editing.
- Improved look of topics with borders in the Natural Stylesheets.
- Word wrap improved for far east languages.
- Reorder stocks icons and stylesheets by tapping on “rearrange”, next use drag and drop.
- Improvements to the look and feel of mind maps.
- General improvements and minor bug fixes.
Version 1.29 – Released 3 May 2021
- Version 1.29.1 – Released 3 June 2021
- Auto Derive Stroke Color added to Style Inspector
- Minor bugs fixed
- New brainstorm bar: designed to quickly get ideas on the canvas. It frees you from having to think about where each idea belongs within your mind map, and enables you to focus on idea generation. Once done, order your ideas using drag and drop. Read more…
- Version 1.28.3 – Released 3 March 2021
- Thai translation
- Minor bugs fixed
- Version 1.28.0 – Released 7 Dec 2020
- We have been very busy adding built-in OneDrive support on iPad/iPhone and Mac. All platforms now support OneDrive. Also on all platforms built-in Dropbox support has been updated to the latest API to ensure continued Dropbox cloud support.
- Open linked mind map in new window: Shift+Click on link or keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+H.
- Sort Local Mind Maps by name or date.
- Second click on Inspector tab hides the inspector.
- Clear history in the Files tab via the right click context menu, clears the history of opened files without deleting these files.
Version 1.27 – Released 24 August 2020
- New Radial layout.
- New Stylesheet “Colored Circles”, looks great with the new radial layout.
- New Linear layout, great for making simple timelines.
- New Stylesheet “Blue Steel”, with a cool flat look.
- The “external link” icon is tinted.
- New Topic border styles: circle, left arrow, right arrow and parallelogram.
- The minimum width and height for topics can be set via element style or the new topic resize tool. This allows manual sizing of topics.
- Enable the “topic resize tool” via Preferences | General | Topic Tools.
- New keyboard shortcut “Remove checkbox” Shift+Ctrl+Space
- New command: “View | Focus Editor”, default shortcut Shift+Ctrl+0
- iPhoneLink removed
- Bug fixes and other minor improvements
Version 1.26 – Released 21 April 2020
- Open a blank mind map or start from a template.
- 11 predefined templates available.
- Add your own templates. Read more…
- Export topics with a date as .ics events. This can be imported in calendar apps. Read more…
- Path style “rounded” added.
- New layout directions for the List Layout: “Top – Right to Left” and “Top – Left to Right”.
- Add new topics directly in outline. Use the shortcuts or menu.
- Add date directly in outline.
- Show dates, or filter topics with dates, in export outline and print outline.
- Wifi link has been removed, we recommend to use clouds instead.
- Paste on collapsed topics.
- Drag and drop URL or filename into empty space to create a new topic with link.
- Mind Map Style restored in main Style menu.
- Bug fixed where SimpleMind could not save a mind map with an error like “unable to access ..\SimpleMind\1.0\.cache\providers\smmx_0\mindmap.xml”
- Small bug fixes and improved performance.
Version 1.25 – Released 2 Dec 2019
- Easily style topics, lines and more, with the new Style tab in the inspector. Open with Ctrl+5. Read more…
- As a result the old style toolbar is hidden by default.
- Tap once in blank space to display the mind map style when the style inspector is open. Read more…
- Hide or show the standard toolbar via the main menu View | Toggle Toolbar.
- Map searchbar: Restore State – restores collapsed and hidden topics when search bar closes.
- The standard toolbar and style toolbar can again be placed on a single dock row.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Version 1.24 – Released 2 Sept 2019
- Version 1.24.1 – released 5 Sept 2019. Fixes bugs reported on v1.24.0
- Slideshow support. Define slides by selecting topics and play slideshow inside SimpleMind or export as zipped set of .png images. Read more…
- Auto focus extended with Lock Auto Focus on Selected Branch. The branch remains focused until Auto focus style is changed (disabled etc).
- Improved toolbar images
Version 1.23.0 – Released 15 April 2019
- Version 1.23.1 – released 30 April 2019. Fixes bugs and introduces dark mode user interface support.
- Save and open mind maps anywhere on your computer.
- Save mind map files in any directory.
- Open mind map via Windows Explorer
- Open mind maps via “Mind Map | Open”.
- Mind maps opened via Windows Explorer or “Open” are shown in the Files tab.
- Mind Maps on Files tab behave like in a cloud, links are stored relative to mind map file.
- Notes have Wysiwyg (What you see is what you get) rich text support:
Bold, Italic, Underline, Strike-through, Superscript and Subscript.
- Windows edition: Wysiwyg rich text is not displayed in topics and labels.
- UI Modernized.
- “Natural+Colors on Black” stylesheet added
- Auto Focus can include cross linked topics.
- Group borders
- Topics support dashed line styles (via style toolbar – Line width)
- Checkboxes: Reset state – checkboxes are unchecked, progress bars are set to 0.
- Drag drop rearrange topics in auto layout mode no longer fully expands dragged topics
- Extract Images from Mind Maps: reduces mind map file size, via menu Topic | Image.
- Hide/Show mind map editor status bar
- External directories allow sorting on name or sort on date (like previously) via context menu.
- New mind map for Cloud asks for file name rather than using “New Mind Map”.
- Option ” Apply default Word Wrap” also controls importing text, .mm, .opml and .pdf
- Bug fixed: related to directories containing &