Version 1.28 – Released 7 Dec 2020
- We have been very busy adding built-in OneDrive support on iPad/iPhone and Mac. All platforms now support OneDrive. Also on all platforms built-in Dropbox support has been updated to the latest API to ensure continued Dropbox cloud support.
- Open linked mind map in new window: Shift+Click on link or keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Shift+H.
- Sort Local Mind Maps by name or date.
- Second click on Inspector tab hides the inspector.
- Clear history in the Files tab via the right click context menu, clears the history of opened files without deleting these files.
Version 1.27 – Released 24 August 2020
- New Radial layout.
- New Stylesheet “Colored Circles”, looks great with the new radial layout.
- New Linear layout, great for making simple timelines.
- New Stylesheet “Blue Steel”, with a cool flat look.
- The “external link” icon is tinted.
- New Topic border styles: circle, left arrow, right arrow and parallelogram.
- The minimum width and height for topics can be set via element style or the new topic resize tool. This allows manual sizing of topics.
- Enable the “topic resize tool” via Preferences | General | Topic Tools.
- New keyboard shortcut “Remove checkbox” Shift+Ctrl+Space
- New command: “View | Focus Editor”, default shortcut Shift+Ctrl+0
- iPhoneLink removed
- Bug fixes and other minor improvements
Version 1.26 – Released 21 April 2020
- Open a blank mind map or start from a template.
- 11 predefined templates available.
- Add your own templates. Read more…
- Export topics with a date as .ics events. This can be imported in calendar apps. Read more…
- Path style “rounded” added.
- New layout directions for the List Layout: “Top – Right to Left” and “Top – Left to Right”.
- Add new topics directly in outline. Use the shortcuts or menu.
- Add date directly in outline.
- Show dates, or filter topics with dates, in export outline and print outline.
- Wifi link has been removed, we recommend to use clouds instead.
- Paste on collapsed topics.
- Drag and drop URL or filename into empty space to create a new topic with link.
- Mind Map Style restored in main Style menu.
- Bug fixed where SimpleMind could not save a mind map with an error like “unable to access ..\SimpleMind\1.0\.cache\providers\smmx_0\mindmap.xml”
- Small bug fixes and improved performance.
Version 1.25 – Released 2 Dec 2019
- Easily style topics, lines and more, with the new Style tab in the inspector. Open with Ctrl+5. Read more…
- As a result the old style toolbar is hidden by default.
- Tap once in blank space to display the mind map style when the style inspector is open. Read more…
- Hide or show the standard toolbar via the main menu View | Toggle Toolbar.
- Map searchbar: Restore State – restores collapsed and hidden topics when search bar closes.
- The standard toolbar and style toolbar can again be placed on a single dock row.
- Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Version 1.24 – Released 2 Sept 2019
- Version 1.24.1 – released 5 Sept 2019. Fixes bugs reported on v1.24.0
- Slideshow support. Define slides by selecting topics and play slideshow inside SimpleMind or export as zipped set of .png images. Read more…
- Auto focus extended with Lock Auto Focus on Selected Branch. The branch remains focused until Auto focus style is changed (disabled etc).
- Improved toolbar images
Version 1.23.0 – Released 15 April 2019
- Version 1.23.1 – released 30 April 2019. Fixes bugs and introduces dark mode user interface support.
- Save and open mind maps anywhere on your computer.
- Save mind map files in any directory.
- Open mind map via Windows Explorer
- Open mind maps via “Mind Map | Open”.
- Mind maps opened via Windows Explorer or “Open” are shown in the Files tab.
- Mind Maps on Files tab behave like in a cloud, links are stored relative to mind map file.
- Notes have Wysiwyg (What you see is what you get) rich text support:
Bold, Italic, Underline, Strike-through, Superscript and Subscript.
- Windows edition: Wysiwyg rich text is not displayed in topics and labels.
- UI Modernized.
- “Natural+Colors on Black” stylesheet added
- Auto Focus can include cross linked topics.
- Group borders
- Topics support dashed line styles (via style toolbar – Line width)
- Checkboxes: Reset state – checkboxes are unchecked, progress bars are set to 0.
- Drag drop rearrange topics in auto layout mode no longer fully expands dragged topics
- Extract Images from Mind Maps: reduces mind map file size, via menu Topic | Image.
- Hide/Show mind map editor status bar
- External directories allow sorting on name or sort on date (like previously) via context menu.
- New mind map for Cloud asks for file name rather than using “New Mind Map”.
- Option ” Apply default Word Wrap” also controls importing text, .mm, .opml and .pdf
- Bug fixed: related to directories containing &
Version 1.22.0 – Released 4 Dec 2018
- Improved display in internal Image Preview.
- Optionally use system default application for previewing images: Preferences | Images
- Removed options for shadow support in mind maps
- Bug fixed: export as web site would not insert back links between linked mind maps.